How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6850
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was contacted by a company claiming that they are a arbitration

Customer Question

I was contacted by a company claiming that they are a arbitration firm. They claim that I took out a pay day loan in 2008. They have my old address, old email, and last 4 digits of my old bank account. They say the loan was for $378 and with a company called JVC Processing. They are acting on their behalf and are not a debt collector, so they claim. They say I will have a civil suit bought against me if I do not pay $1,008 dollars. I do not remember taking out a loan. Has the statue of limitations ran out on this, can I even be sued? I setup for $100 to be taken out of my account this Saturday and every Saturday until they are paid because I was afraid of being sued. Now I think that was a stupid move and I do not think I should have to pay anything.I never received anything about this debt. It has been 7 years and I was never contacted about it until now. It is nowhere on my credit yet they claim it has already gone through collections and is now with an arbitration firm.I am thinking about cancelling my debit card I gave them so that payment will not go through. Then calling them and telling them to stop the payment agreement and that I will not pay for a debt that I have not been provided proof of and is 7 years old and past the statue of limitations in the state of Texas.What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. First, we have to make sure that this is not a SCAM. I need to know the company's contact information, please - email, telephone number, website, address - whatever you have.
Due to a built in privacy filter, the site x's out emails and telephone numbers. Therefore, can I ask the following, please:
1) Provide the telephone number, but spell it out as in "three three three, two, two two..." etc.
2) Provide the email, but substitute "AT" for "@," as in for *****@******.***.
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.