Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Which medical insurance is better. I'm Navy retired living

Customer Question

Which medical insurance is better. I'm Navy retired living in Rockland County New York. I am eligible for Tricare For Life, or US FAMILY HEALTH PLAN. Which is better? I have USFHP now, but finding providers that take it is a problem.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is more an insurance question than a law question
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Actually, I have many military clients and friends alike. Every single one of them who tried out US Family Health Plan was dissatisfied and returned to Tri-Care (which has been around forever). So based on the fact that everyone I know is dissatisfied with US Family, I would tell you that you need to go back to Tri-care as soon as you can, as they are the most widely known and widely accepted plan and have the broadest and best coverage.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your answer, as I added to my question, this is an insurance question, not a law question. I don't know why they assigned it as a law question. I need specific details about coverage, cost, etc.Again, thank you for your answer, I'll resend this and try to get it assigned to insurance.
Thank you for your reply.
We do not have an "Insurance" section, so they move those to the legal section, since the attorneys deal with insurance issues more than everyone else.
You did not ask about the costs and coverage details, but those can be found at the Tri-care page and they vary depend on what coverage you take and other factors: http://www.tricare.mil/Costs.aspx