How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19471
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What should I do in the matter of? I was sold a auto and renters

Customer Question

what should I do in the matter of? I was sold a auto and renters insurance policy on 04/21/15 and paid with credit card set on auto pay for two cars my wife 17 year old son and I to be on the policy with son to be primary driver of one car both cars in my wife name. I was do to get license back from suspension the next day I told the man this. he sed that's fine when you get them send copy to me via email so I did but they had to be temporary permit because was exspire'd more than 6 months so we sent the copy to him as agreed on 04/22/15 got email with a thanks. he had sent the temporary cards on 04/21/15 to are email. money was processed from credit card on 04/23/15 so now we are happy and believed to be covered then on 05/01/15 my wife was in a no injury accident both cars had to be towed away when I calld to make the claim I was then told my policy had ben terminated on 04/22/15 with out any notice or legal reason why because my temps wasn't license I know that's not legl
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
The cancellation of your policy under the circumstances that you described is illegal. Your policy must be reinstated without further delay. Otherwise, you should file complaint with your State's Department of Insurance. Click on the link below for the complaint form:
Your assessment of the situation is correct. The insurance company is trying to get away from not paying for property damage on the car(s). However, they must pay for the repair and also pay for towing charges.