Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

We sold a watch via eBay in California to a consumer in Chicago.

Customer Question

We sold a watch via eBay in California to a consumer in Chicago. The person 4 months after purchase claimed it was fake. We asked her to send it back for inspection as her jeweler is not an authorized watch dealer for the brand. The watch was out of her possession for more than 10 days and could have been tampered with during that time period. She files a claim with PayPal which was denied in January 2015. Then she files a claim with her credit card company as a charge back, which they approved. The issue is we don't have the credit card company information or the watch. She stole the watch since she falsely accused us a lied to her credit card company. We would like to know what our legal rights are in Chicago since we opened this binding contract in California.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.