How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33904
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i get verizon to remove the cre negative mark they left

Customer Question

how do i get verizon to remove the cre negative mark they left on my credit report due to the mis-mailing and miscommunication of their final bills
and i because I paid the collection agency just to get it done and over with after weeks of going back and forth on the phone with verizon they said they couldn't do anything because I paid
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.You can contact the credit reporting agency and ask them to remove the info but if they refuse then the only way to force them to remove it is to sue both them and Verizon.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
You could try reporting it to the Federal Trade Commission but I don't think they actually have the power to order a CRA to remove or amend information and I have never actually seen anyone get results by filing a report with the FTC.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
A court is the only entity that has the power to force the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is the process of going to court to get it removed and how much would it cost?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
The process of a lawsuit is essentially the same everywhere, with a few, minor procedural differences.A lawsuit generally follows this process:1) File the petition in the court with jurisdiction and venue. The court with jurisdiction and venue is usually where the defendant resides or has their place of business. You also have to look at the amount you intent to sue for to determine what court is correct. In your case the small claims court is correct.2) When you file the petition with the clerk of courts you will pay the filing fee and also ask for citation to be issued and service to be done. The clerk doesn't serve the papers so ask them if you have to take them to the sheriff's office for service or if they will do it. Just follow their directions as to that.3) The sheriff will serve the defendant with the lawsuit.4) The defendant will file their answer.5) You can then do some discovery if necessary but you will need to check with the clerk and ask if your court allows discovery. Some small claims courts do not.6) After that the next step is to set the case for trial.7) During the trial you introduce your evidence and they introduce their's.8) The judge renders a judgment and a written order is entered.That is the basic process of a lawsuit.As to cost, that varies dramatically. A minimum retainer is likely to be $3500 but it could be substantially higher depending on what lawyer you use, what court you file in, etc.However, your attorney's fees are recoverable in the lawsuit.