How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118256
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a 10 month struggle with my ATT cell phone. They

This answer was rated:

I have had a 10 month struggle with my ATT cell phone. They made many mistakes with my phone service. Eventually all but one issue was sorted out. We are still in a difference of opinion on whether I cancelled my yellow page advertising for 2013. I have had an open claim twice regarding that matter. They continually broke their promises to resolve the matter by certain dates and never called me back by certain promised dates. At least 6 times there was no call back when promised by different representative. The management level representatives I have dealt with give me personal numbers but when I call no one answers and there are no answering machines. Each time I have to get a new representative who wants me to start the process all over. I refused to start over again with the last representative and while explaining why would not, she actually hung up on me. I have spent over 20 hours on the phone with my issues with them. That was the final act of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I want to cancel with them and be released from my contract right away. My bill is paid except for the part in dispute. I would like advice on how to go about this.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You can first seek to file a complaint with the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Unit and the Better Business Bureau both. Usually both of those entities can get these matters resolved because companies are much more responsive to them than to individual customers.

Unfortunately, if the Attorney General and the BBB cannot resolve the matter you are going to have to file a suit against them in small claims for breach of contract and damages you have suffered from their refusal to correct the account with regards XXXXX XXXXX matter.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for the info. But before going down that road requiring more time and energy I would like to try to cut my losses and just leave this company and be released from my remaining contract. Do you have suggestions regarding this option.

Thank you for your response.

I understand the frustration, but the problem is that without them fixing the problem you are still in the same boat and they can report this to the credit bureaus. This is also why I suggested the Attorney General and BBB, they would take the least amount of your time. However, as you have already gotten nowhere with them, while I know what you want to do, to get there you have to have ATT cooperate with you which they are not doing.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you