How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We filed a complaint with the Nevada AG on what we believe

This answer was rated:

We filed a complaint with the Nevada AG on what we believe was deceptive and fraudulent actions when we traded our car, this included informing us that in the price of the new car that was leased for $439 per month was the remaining owed on our old car, the GM flyer we worked of was a 2013 Equinox leased advertised for $251 per month, we wanted to reduce our monthly payments and thought we did by about $60 per month, however ALLY came back at us to pay of our 2009, then sold it well below market and want another $6,000...advice
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your specific question about your situation for us?

What did you contract of lease state about early termination of your lease?

Did your new lease contain a provision stating they would buy out the old lease?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The 2009 was owned by us, I sent 12 pages of documentation to the ag, we called the dealer that we had used before to be sure they could work of the GM flyer which was for the 2013 at 261 per month, they provided a few options and had a lease proposal but increased it from 261 to 439 per month to cover the remaining owed on the 2009, that was ok, they told us Ally would pick up our 2009, which they eventually did, however they sold it and want another $6,000 in payments, Ally said Fairway never told them they had made such a deal

Thank you for your reply, but I still see no question you have for us in your reply.

You made your complaint to the Attorney General, have they responded yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Thank you for your response.

This case centers primarily around what your two contract stated, which I cannot see and review. The courts have to go by the terms of the contracts you signed and if the new contract promised a payoff of the prior vehicle as part of your lease price, then yes, you should get an attorney because the dealer was in breach of contract for not making the payoff as contractually agreed. The dealer however, cannot alter the contract between you and the lender without a written agreement from the lender, so that too needs to be examined to be determined. As the AG is not responding to you, your next step is to get the lawyer for the review and to settle this matter with the lender, yes.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Law Educator, Esq. and 5 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you