How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118728
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 79 yeart old single woman with a monthly income of 1200.00

This answer was rated:

I am a 79 yeart old single woman with a monthly income of 1200.00 per month when i went looking for a car i feel i was presured by the sales person to by a car that they are now telling me will cost me 599.00 per month almost 1/2 my income thats not how they made ity sound to me i haqve recived 3 letters for diffrent finance co dening me finance on this car i have only had the car 3 weeks how can they tell me i can not return my car
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Legally, when people sign contracts the courts bind them to the contracts they sign. In this case, if you agreed to a particular interest rate and payment and now this has changed, you can seek to argue breach of contract and seek to cancel the sale based on them not providing you the interest rate that was agreed upon and giving you a payment different from what was agreed upon.

You can tell the dealer that you want to cancel the contract based on this breach and if they refuse you are going to report them to the DMV dealer licensing bureau as well as the Attorney General for unfair and deceptive practices and financial abuse of the elderly and you will also report them to the Better Business Bureau. In most cases, the dealers will agree to cancel the sale in this type of situation.

If they refuse, file your complaints with the DMV and AG and BBB and also please go to your local legal aid office or your local senior center (as they many times provide free legal representation to seniors) and engage them to represent you to pursue this company for changing the contract with you and seek to get it cancelled.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you