How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 116707
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you answer a question about auto insurance? My 26 yr old

This answer was rated:

Can you answer a question about auto insurance? My 26 yr old daughter has a suspended drivers license, lives with me, has no car. My insurance company has given me until 11/20 for her to buy her own insurance or I will be cancelled. She has been deleted from my policy. I have researched 700%....What can I do? Thank you. I live in NJ
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Does your insurer know her license is suspended and she is not driving your vehicle or any vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, yes

Thank you for your response.

Please bear with me as I do need more information about this from you.

The insurer is claiming that even though her license is suspended and she is not driving you need to produce proof of insurance for her (because she lives in your household) as she is no longer on your plan because they refuse to insure her?

Have you looked for SR-22 insurance, which is high risk liability insurance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

but she does not own a car.....I have been told to lease her a car in my name for $1/year. Then she can purchase her own insurance...or do I buy her a clunker?

I have not heard of SR-22...first ? on app is bout car..

Thank you for your additional information.

It is best to buy her a clunker, do not lease her anything in your name as it could incur you liability if she has an accident even though she is driving the car. SR-22 insurance is for those who have had license issues, such as DUI or license suspension for traffic violations and while it is a bit more expensive it is a coverage that is designed for those who could otherwise not be insured. This SR-22 would be necessary only if you buy her a cheap car and she cannot get minimal insurance on it through regular insurance.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions