How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 29986
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a used Bentley 3 months ago. Car was still on the

This answer was rated:

I bought a used Bentley 3 months ago. Car was still on the warranty. I have noticed that the driver seat was internally damaged and requested the reapair to be covered by original manufacturer warranty. Bentley refused to cover a driver seat repair under the warranty, explaining that the prior owner was probably too heavy and the seat damage is related to excessive wear and tear. Finally after my letters they agreed to cover 50% of the seat repair cost. That includes replacing seat cushion and seat leather cover plus work cost. The total cost of repair is estimated at 3500$ and supposedly it may be even higher depending on what will be found when the seat will be taken apart. I do not want to pay 50/50 as I want the repair to be cover by Bentley original manufacturer warranty. What should I do.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

If they refuse to honor the original warranty, you have two options. You can pay for half of the repair, but make it clear that you are paying under protest (write that under the check), then sue for a refund. The primary benefit to this approach is that it gets your seat repaired faster, and you can file the suit in Small Claims Court. The other option is to file a suit asking the judge to order them to make the repairs.

If you're still negotiating with them, the third option is to have a local attorney send a demand letter giving them one last chance to fix it without going to court. They might give it more attention coming from a lawyer. The Illinois Bar Association has a service that might help you find someone local.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq. and 4 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you