Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

We had a new AC installed and the man who installed it did

We had a new AC installed and the man who installed it did not secure a pipe correctly and after 8 months we found a water leak which destroyed several walls, carpeting, and created mold and mildew in our home. At the time the work was being done, the repair being made by same contractor, my family was visiting from Thailand and was exposed to the mold and also asbestos. Now our insurance company says the contractor refuses to take responsibility, even though he wrote a letter stating what happened, and he has been turned over to a collection agency. What personal recourse do we have because we had to pay $1000 deductiable. I feel that he should be help responsible for other things.
Thanks
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Thanks

Response: You can file complaint against the contractor with the licensing board. If the licensing board does not resolve the issue in a timely manner or resolve it in your favor, you can file lawsuit against the contractor to recover for your deductible at the very least. So, you can file this lawsuit in Small Claims Court since the amount of your claim would be less than $5,000.00. 5,000.00 is the maximum you can sue for in a Small Claim Session. You do not need an Attorney to file in Small Claims Court. For more information on Small Claims Court, click here. To file complaint with the licensing board, click below:

Complaint Form