How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased five MoneyPak cards from Walmart for $1000 each.

This answer was rated:

I purchased five MoneyPak cards from Walmart for $1000 each. I tried to reload my prepaid card the following day and they said the MoneyPak was already used. I called GreenDot and opened a dispute. I them immediately tried another card and that one had a 0 balance also. I called Greendot back and opened a dispute for that card..the agent told me to scratch the other MoneyPaks and open a dispute for those also. I faxed over my receipts, along with copies of the MoneyPaks. Now they tell me there's nothing they can do?! This was money for me and my kids' vacation. Can I sue them?

Hello Kenisha,

My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney and am very happy to try and answer your question today. I am genuinely sorry for your circumstances and sincerely XXXXX XXXXX soon look much brighter for you.

Yes, you can certainly file a lawsuit against the company. Your cause of action would lie in a tortious conduct (negligent and/or intentional) and/or breach of contract theory.
Another step you can take would be to lodge a formal complaint, free of charge, with the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General's Office. Everything you need to do so is available here: On-line Consumer Complaint/Inquiry

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me. I will be sure to check back for any further word from you when I am again working online in this forum.

I truly hope all works out for you and that the information I have provided proves useful. Thanks so much for using this service!

Take care,

Ben, J.D.

LawHelpNow and 3 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much!
Hi Kenisha,
Great to hear from you and thanks for writing back!
You are quite welcome. My pleasure to be of service to you.
Thank you in advance for your rating, please.
Kind regards,
Ben, J.D.