How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118658
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a car accident Jan 2013 had insurance less late payment

This answer was rated:

I had a car accident Jan 2013 had insurance less late payment 74.00 had accident all of a sudden insurance denied my claim and became real ugly to me seeming as if I'm crazy and illusioned on real phone conversations payment plan and refunded check that was alleged refunded till recently I cashed because I gave up...I'm ready to go again with a lawsuit!is it possible?Second issue had a job made complaint led to attorney general office however I'm out of a job and things r crashing I need assistance on getting info and filing suit can it be possible? In reference to that accident there was negligence by a 3rd party homeowner obstructing stop sign I want to sue-
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If your insurance was not paid up to date, the insurance company under FS 627.628 had to give you at least 10 days notice to cancel your policy. You would be surprised how many motorists find out only after an accident that there is money due on their policy and as such they have no coverage. Thus, it appears you have a claim here against your insurer to provide you coverage and argue that their failure to provide proper notice before the accident was in violation of the Florida statutes and as such you have the right to their coverage.

If there was third party liability, you can sue the homeowner for contribution to the accident.

I would suggest you go to a personal injury attorney or a consumer protection or insurance law attorney as they would be the ones to pursue these types of claims against insurers. Also, you may want to call the FL department of insurance and file a complaint for them not sending you notice that the policy was delinquent.

As far as your job, I do not understand that question.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you