How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56818
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife put down a deposit on a vehicle (used) but has not

This answer was rated:

My wife put down a deposit on a vehicle (used) but has not taken delivery of said vehicle. Question.. Can the so called purchase contract be canceled by us? we live in Illinois.

Daniel : Hello,
Daniel : you may cancel if seller misled you or breached the agreement. You may do so if seller consents or where there is a material breach. Possession is not relevant to those rights.
Daniel : Is that clear and acceptable or may I clarify something?

I guess that the only thing that could be considered misleading is that the salesman had my wife sign a "purchase Agreement" and telling her that it was just to hold the car until a final decision was made.. When we went today to cancel the hold we were told that we cant because we own the vehicle.


Thank you for your help..

Daniel : Very welcome. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.
Infolawyer and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions