N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

I MET A FEMALE ON-INE.SHE CLAIMS ,SHE IS STAYING IN LONDON

I MET A FEMALE ON-INE.SHE CLAIMS ,SHE IS STAYING IN LONDON WITH A FRIEND.I SENT HER 1,000 DOLLARS FOR HER AIR FARE TO THE STATES(NY).SHE NEVER ARRIVED IN THE STATES,2 DAYS LATER I GET A TEXT FROM HER,SHE SAID IN HER TEXT,WHEN SHE ARRIVED AT THE AIRPORT TO HEAD BACK TO THE STATES,SHE WAS STOPPED AT CUSTOMS,SHE COULD NOT LEAVE LONDON,HER PASSPORT EXPIRED,AND THAT SHE WANTED ME TO SEND HER 3,000 DOLLARS FOR HER OVER STAY PAYMENTS IN LONDON.SHE CLAIMS SHE WENT BACK TO STAY WITH HER FRIEND.I TOLD HER I DON'T BELIEVE HER.SHE SENT ME AN E-MAIL WITH SOME KIND OF ARTICLE ABOUT OVER STAY PAYMENTS.I AM VERY SKEPTICAL.ARE THERE SUCH A THING AS OVER STAY PAYMENTS.SHE CLAIMS SHE CAN'T LEAVE LONDON UNTIL SHE PAYS THESE OVER STAY PAYMENTS.AM I BEING SCAMMED?

Does she claim to be a U.S. citizen?

How long ago did her visa supposedly expire?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES ,SHE CLAIMS SHE IS A U.S.CITIZEN. I DID NOT ASK HER HOW LONG A GO HER VISA EXPIRED,ONCE SHE ASKED ME TO SEND HER THE 3,000 DOLLARS,I STARTED BACKING OFF

Thank you for the additional information.

There is no overstay fee unless the person overstayed by more than 90 days, see
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/guidance/ecg/rfl/rfl5/

In the normal course of events, if she overstayed, she would be deported. Also, she can get an emergency replacement passport from the U.S. Embassy if her passport expired.

So, my opinion is that she is scamming you.

I am sorry this was probably not the answer you might have hoped for, but it would be a disservice to you, and unprofessional of me, not to provide accurate information.

I hope this information is helpful.
Thank you for the Excellent rating, and thank you very much for the bonus!