How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33734
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A landlord is threatening to seek a judgment to recover alleged

This answer was rated:

A landlord is threatening to seek a judgment to recover alleged extensive clean-up costs after a tenant moved out. What is the statute of limitations in Minnesota for a landlord to file such a claim?

Dwayne B. :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

Dwayne B. :

In general, since damages to a rental property are based on a contract a landlord could seek to recover damages for up to six years.

Dwayne B. :

The website is showing you are offline so I will exit so I can assist other customers. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions that you have in this thread. However, please do not issue a rating until our interaction is complete and all of your questions have been answered.

Dwayne B. and 5 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you