How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  17 years legal experience including consumer protection law.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being sued in okaloosa county Florida for not paying a

Customer Question

I am being sued in okaloosa county Florida for not paying a payday loan it is 285 pluss 133 attorney fees. What will most likely happen in court
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome.

My name is Tina and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Do you have any reason to believe the creditor's calculations are incorrect? How long ago did you default on the loan?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

there calculations are rigth and this happened 6/18/13 I was served with the papers today and do in court on 9/27/13

Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
I see. Thank you for providing this additional information, Corey.

Since you believe the calculations are correct and the default was recent, a judgment would likely be entered against you for the amount the creditor is seeking from you unless you file for bankruptcy protection.

If the creditor cannot prove the amount you owe through documentation, then that could result in a lesser amount being awarded or the case being dismissed, but assuming they can prove what you owe through their documentation, such as a contract signed by you and other evidence, a judgment would normally be entered against you. Once that occurs, they can typically garnish wages and attach bank accounts and other assets to satisfy the judgment.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!


Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.

I'm truly disheartened to see that you rated my assistance to you negatively instead of using the reply button to let me know what additional information you may be seeking from me. I strive to provide every customer with excellent service. How may I better answer your question for you? I invite you to ask any additional question that you may need to, for clarification of your issue.