How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10484
Experience:  Research Attorney; Private Practice; Attorney Mentor; Mediator
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

California limited civil-discovery: Plaintiff served me with

This answer was rated:

California limited civil-discovery: Plaintiff served me with demand for production of documents asking me to produce items that I requested when I propounded RFD's. When they responded with their "late" discovery they produced very little documentation that is not of great use to their case. They are basically trying to get me to assist them in prevailing. I don't have any documentation or acct. #'s etc. Hence the discovery propounded by me. My question is.

Can I respond to their request with? Defendant denies the existence of the alleged acct., in the Complaint. If the requested information exists that proves the existence of said acct., the Plaintiff should already have requested information. Burden of proof rests with the Plaintiff.

Also do I have to respond to each question with my answer or can I respond as a whole & state after each question the aforementioned answer & state: Same answer as stated for question # XXXXX? Please advise. Thank you.

LegalGems :

Hi! LegalGems here. My goal: To Do My Best To Assist You. Please remember, I can only provide general information,as this is a public forum. After each question, the reason should be noted, even if it is repetitive. So the "same answer as above" type response is not sufficient. If there is no account, then it should simply state that no account exists to defendant's knowledge. As for the rest of the information (ie burden is on plaintiff) that would only be brought up if they bring a motion to compel.



LegalGems and 2 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you