CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

hello...How can I find an attorney that can help with a few

hello...How can I find an attorney that can help with a few dispute letters to creditors. I do not want one of those agencies. These are very specific disputes that need an attorney to state the facts and request the corrections.

As an example. I was divorced 5 years ago, I payed off all the credit cards and letters were sent to remove my name from them when they all had zero balances. 5 years later the creditors have only removed me from one or two of the credit report agencies and I still show active on others. I have sent numerous letters to the agencies and credit reporting companies and my x husband has signed all of the requests. He now has all of these maxed out and it shows up on my report! I want to hire an attorney to fix this and similar issues however all i can find are "credit agencies?"

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you today.

William B. Esq. :

There are generally 3 sites that are helpful in finding an attorney. The first is your state bar association's "Lawyer Referral Website"; the second is Martindale Hubble; and the third is AVVO

Customer:

Thank you but I dont know what type of attorney I should be looking for?

William B. Esq. :

In your case, I believe AVVO would probably be the most helpful. Given the relatively straightforward scope of work that you are doing, and the level of expertise, a new attorney that practices "civil litigation" law, or a general practitioner would probably be sufficient to meet your needs and you can probably find a new attorney in a solo practice (working by themselves) for a relatively reasonable price.

Customer:

Ok Great! Thanks for the help!

William B. Esq. :

You are welcome, can I be of any further assistance today?