Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

i bought a car a little over two months ago and the carfax

i bought a car a little over two months ago and the carfax then didnt show frame damage. i found out about the frame damage when i wanted to trade the car in since im deploying soon and just want a cheaper easy on gas car til i deploy to save extra money what do i do?
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation. What exactly are you asking here - whether or not you can hold Carfax accountable for the damage that it did not report?

Or, something else?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

if i can get a new car since the jipped me. if there are any legal issues into that to where i can return the car or get a new one

Ivan,

On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and I am afraid that this is one of these times.

I am afraid that you cannot demand a "void" on the sale if the vehicle has already been sold. Under Florida Lemon Law Chapter 681, only NEW vehicles are covered by certain warranties. Since this was a used vehicle, I am afraid that it is not.

As such, it is "buyer beware" because no implied warranty is provided, and unless the dealer specifically has given you a warranty, then nothing covers the vehicle.

Now, the dealer cannot lie to you about the car's condition. But he also does not have to volunteer information. As such, if you never asked about the frame, he does not have to tell you. If you had and they failed to tell you, this is a violation, but it is nearly impossible to prove if the conversation was verbal.

Ergo, I am afraid that you may have limited options here if they do not take the vehicle back willingly. I am sorry.

Finally - thank you for your service.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)