Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I have purchased internet based access to see Inidian TV channel

I have purchased internet based...
I have purchased internet based access to see Inidian TV channel from a provider called YuppTv, which will allow me to see some indXXXXX XXXXXnel through an app installed in TVs and blurays connected to internet. initially they were charging $39.99 for accessing indian TV channels for one device. then i have ordered another device. they charged $20 as one time charge and $2.99 for monthly payment. i used both devices for 4 months. suddenly they removed one device from my list without informing me. also they are charging for two devices even after they removed one from my profile. i have asked why they are charging for two when i have only one device in my list of access. they didnt get me any proper answer. also i asked for the receipt/bill for the amount that i am paying for. but they didnt give me receipt. can i sue this bussiness. is it against my rights?
8/18/2013
Infolawyer, Lawyer

INFOLAWYER :

Hello and thank you for the question.

INFOLAWYER :

You may pursue a claim on theory of breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation and unjust enrichment.

INFOLAWYER :

This can be handled through local court but as a consumer you have other options

INFOLAWYER :

Those include demanding compensation from management, filing a complaint with the BBB and the state attorney general office.

Customer:

what are the documents i need to get through this.

INFOLAWYER :

those options are more utilized.

Customer:

is there person/lawyer that i can approach for this?

INFOLAWYER :

If you have a contract for services, e-mails or other contact with their representatives for evidence. The agencies will have you fill out a complaint online or in local office

INFOLAWYER :

You may involve a local consumer protection lawyer

INFOLAWYER :

locally you may find one using martindale.com

INFOLAWYER :

but you can save on lawyer fees and lodge the complaint personally

INFOLAWYER :

Is that clear?

INFOLAWYER :

awaiting your reply

Customer:

can i sue them and get some money out of it? if so can i use a local lawyer for me to represent. because i am

Customer:

new to this law suit etc

Customer:

not familier with law offices and court formalities

INFOLAWYER :

In court, you appear and fill out a summons and complaint

INFOLAWYER :

the clerk would help you

INFOLAWYER :

and this begins a lawsuit against the company

INFOLAWYER :

you fill in names, what happened, and the clerk will schedule a hearing

INFOLAWYER :

the BBB is another option

Customer:

what is BBB

Customer:

also i am not good at english

Customer:

which is the court near to my place . my zip code s 95126

INFOLAWYER :

You can hire a lawyer to help but the court clerk will often provide a translator

INFOLAWYER :

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

INFOLAWYER :

that is a link for a BBB complaint

INFOLAWYER :

I would suggest that over a lawsuit

INFOLAWYER :

a lawsuit is more effective if you have at least $1000 in losses

INFOLAWYER :

here it is a consumer complaint

INFOLAWYER :

and you can fill out a complaint with the BBB and I gave you a link above

Customer:

ok cool..

INFOLAWYER :

Good luck

INFOLAWYER :

Have a nice sunday

Customer:

i have less than $200 loss

INFOLAWYER :

Please click on an excellent rating for the answer

INFOLAWYER :

suing doesnt make sense over that amount

INFOLAWYER :

the agency complaints I mentioned would be better

Customer:

then what you mean $1000?

Customer:

i dont understand about that part

Customer:

"

10:36 PM

"

INFOLAWYER :

I meant if you had a loss of more than $1000, suing makes sense

INFOLAWYER :

here your loss is under $200

Customer:

ok

INFOLAWYER :

so a lawsuit is not a good use of time

Customer:

so you dont suggest the sue

INFOLAWYER :

correct

INFOLAWYER :

I suggest a BBB complaint

INFOLAWYER :

and I gave you a link for that

Customer:

how much i can benefit from this

INFOLAWYER :

and negotiating with management again

Customer:

can i get any money if i win

INFOLAWYER :

The $200 you mentioned at best

Customer:

ok, what happen to my illness due this

INFOLAWYER :

If so you can show that you may be able to recover additional damages

INFOLAWYER :

and then you would turn to a court action

INFOLAWYER :

and a lawyer to work for you on commission

INFOLAWYER :

to prove those damages

Customer:

ohh

Customer:

ok

INFOLAWYER :

martindale.com is a good resource for that

INFOLAWYER :

I wish you the best.

Customer:

let me try with BBB

INFOLAWYER :

and a pleasant day

Customer:

and go for the martindale

Customer:

thanks much

INFOLAWYER :

very welcome

Customer:

one more question

INFOLAWYER :

I agree with that plan

INFOLAWYER :

sure

Customer:

all this is based on California law

Customer:

am i right

INFOLAWYER :

Yes

Customer:

cool

Customer:

thanks

INFOLAWYER :

Good luck

INFOLAWYER :

Please click on an excellent rating

INFOLAWYER :

for the answer.

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer