How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19658
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife purchased an on line RN Legal Program from RN Market

This answer was rated:

My wife purchased an on line RN Legal Program from RN Market LLC. Before receiving the package she cancelled it. The company has refused to give our money back. What options do I have?

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

I am sorry to read about your spouse's diagnosis. I hope that her treatment is going well.

I need additional information before addressing your question.

How much did she pay?

Where is the company's headquarters?

Thank you for the information.

At this time since you have been disputing the information with AMEX for three months with no success, you may consider filing lawsuit against the company to recover the $6,790.00. Unfortunately, this lawsuit cannot be filed in Small Claims Session because the claim amount is above Small Claims maximum of $5,000.00. The lawsuit can be filed at the Courthouse in the County where you live or where the company is located. The forms for filing the lawsuit are available at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office. Click on this link to locate your Clerk's office.

Do not bother filing complaint with Florida Attorney General's Office. It is a total waste of time and energy because they are not going to do anything.

You may also consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to file the lawsuit against the company for unfair and deceptive act and practice for refusing to refund the amount paid by your spouse when she did not open the package and thus did not use the program because of her illness. Most consumer Attorneys do not charge upfront fee and would only charge fees if they win the case. Event then, you do not have to pay out of pocket as Courts usually award Attorney’s fees to prevailing consumers. You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Phillips Esq. and 3 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you