How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 30167
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a 2012 gmc terrain and I forgot to put wife name on

This answer was rated:

I bought a 2012 gmc terrain and I forgot to put wife name on the monthly payment is there any way I can get her name on the paper work I bought the car last year

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The bank may allow you to add her name to the loan simply by completing an application. Usually, you would not be able to add her name to the title without putting her name on the loan as well. The bank might require that the two of you apply for a new loan together, so start by talking to them.

Once the vehicle is paid, or if you get a new loan in both names, you can simply sign the title, transferring ownership from "John Doe to John Doe and Jane Doe".

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq. and 4 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you