Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I was contactedt this morning by american Cash Awards, and

told I would rreceive my...
I was contactedt this morning by american Cash Awards, and told I would rreceive my cash prize today after I got a card from CVS or Walgreen's pharmacy. I need to know asap if this company is legit.
Thank you in advance for your help......Diana Carter
8/3/2013
Ellen, Lawyer

Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

To assist me in answering your question, please tell me:
1. What type of card did they request you obtain?
2. Exactly what have they promised you and what action is required on your part?
3. Did you enter a contest with this company?
4. Do you have any other identifying information regarding the company?

Thanks!

they said i must obtain a Money Pack (?) Scratch card to chow to the person who makes the delivery, along with my picture ID. My mother (who recently passed away) evidently entered this sweepstakes. They only gave me their phone number...1-XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately American Cash Awards has been flagged by the Better Business Bureau.

I realize that you are in Hawaii however it is important to note that the Colorado Attorneys Gen. office has a permanent injunction against the company based upon fraud. You can read the judgment here:
http://www.coloradoattorneygeneral.gov/sites/default/files/press releases/2012/11/30/113012 great lakes circulation default judgment.pdf

Additionally you may read of the experiences of others who have dealt with the company at this link:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/directory/american-cash-awards

Wish I had better news.
Ellen, Lawyer

Thank you very much for the "excellent service" rating and the bonus!

If I can be of assistance in the future, begin your question with: "For FiveStarLaw"
Ellen, Lawyer