How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  17 years legal experience including consumer protection law.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Network Solutions Inc. has without my knowledge or consent

This answer was rated:

Network Solutions Inc. has without my knowledge or consent changed my "parked" Domain name servers to theirs ( and rerouted traffic to their own site as advertisement for third parties. In other words MY high profile domain names -,,,, etc, etc - are being used for their profit and without my knoledge. Do i have recourse? Thank you

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Do you know where the company is located?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


My domain names are "parked" with which is located in North Carolina (?). Network Solutions Inc. is a US based company which was originally licensed to issue .com names but is currently private, from my understanding.

Hello again, Andrew, and thank you for providing this additional information.

Unless your agreement with your original domain name provider was transferable and Network Solutions purchased the original provider, they would not typically have grounds to interfere with your contractual relationship with the original provider or to use your domain for their profit.

Their actions could support a cause of action for damages as well as an injunction preventing them from continuing to park your domain name/servers to theirs. You would typically need to file suit in the state where they are headquartered or incorporated, seeking compensation for the damages you have sustained as a result of their conduct as well as the injunctive relief.

It would be best to retain a business law attorney to assist you in pursuing legal action against the company. The attorney will likely wish to first communicate a demand to the company in hopes of resolving the matter without having to pursue litigation.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!


Tina and 2 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.


Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.