Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Who do I report a Loan Company to, who is making loans by false

advertising, possible usury of interest...
Who do I report a Loan Company to, who is making loans by false advertising, possible usury of interest, front end application fee being charged with no guarantee that you will get a loan commitment?

Donald Kaplan
7/30/2013
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

What state are you in?

Customer:

California

JD 1992 :

You can report them to the Attorney General but your best bet is to start with the CA Dept of Business Oversight at http://www.dbo.ca.gov/

JD 1992 :

That agency is the one that has the duty to regulate lenders in CA.

Customer:

OK, I will start with them and keep you posted when I gert a response.

JD 1992 :

Best wishes to you on this and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I get credit for my work.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer