How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118236
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe my parents have been scammed. They have been working

This answer was rated:

I believe my parents have been scammed. They have been working for the past 9 months to set up a drpo ship e-store. The companies involved are Daeus Financial, Seed Funding (NV), DOBA, Advanced Learning Systems. They have a cluster of businesses in Orem, UT and Henderson NV. I have found many scam / fraud posts online in just a few hours on all LLC's involved. They are out about $25,000 so far - still engaged. Parents arevnearly 80 years old. What should I do?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The information you are finding is correct about these companies. There are numerous complaints about all of these companies. The first step you need to take with this is file a complaint with the Adult Protection Service in your state for financial abuse of the elderly by these companies. In most states they will step in and will pursue those who are involved in the scam.

Unfortunately, if they cannot resolve the issue with the companies and pursue them and bring them to trial for fraud and financial abuse of the elderly, you are going to need to engage a consumer protection law attorney to file suit against the companies for fraud and financial abuse and for their unfair and deceptive business practices.

You also need to try to step in to stop your parents from dumping more money in and this is a bit more difficult if they will not listen to you and stop on your own. In order to stop them if they will not stop on their own, I am afraid you will have to file a petition in court to seek financial guardianship over your parents and get them declared to be incapable of managing their own finances and have the court issue an order putting you in charge of their financial affairs so you can stop them from sending more money to these scam companies.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you