How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 9396
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got involved in an hit and run may 31st witness got the license

Customer Question

I got involved in an hit and run may 31st witness got the license # XXXXX ran into another car in front i was in the middle turned it over to state farm, the car that left was sol not the right plates previous owner had geico, lady in front her son driving went over to parking lot exchaged infor, now 2 months later i get a letter from her insurance co wanting me to pay 1028.45 saying it is for collecting a tort and should there be any more there may be addional bal?? what should i do i have full coverage and unisured motorist i had to pay my 500 deductable do i need to get a lawyer
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 4 years ago.
Have you sent this recent letter to your insurer yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have talk to my insurance at state farm ihave full coverage and unisured motorist iwas the middle care i got hit from behind hit and run like i said its turned into a big mess that the person in front of me is sendind this ucly letter. I called state farm, geico and her insurance and gave my iformation

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no i have not just got it this week- end


Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 4 years ago.
Please notify your insurer and give it a copy of the letter and ask the insurer to confirm that it will defend and indemnify you for this accident. That is called tendering the claim to the insurer, and it is a necessary step.

Please let me know if you have any more question about this.