Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
20073497

MY NEW APRIL 2013 GE PROFILE STOVE GETS SO HOT ON THE CONTROL

Customer Question

MY NEW APRIL 2013 GE PROFILE STOVE GETS SO HOT ON THE CONTROL PANEL IT BURNS YOUR FINGERS TECH WAS HERE AND SAYS THAT IT IS WITHIN CODE 180 DEGREES GE WILL NOT REPLACE IT I AM AFRAID TO USE IT
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

If the stove is too hot for you to use, and you get burned when you attempt to use it, you must insist that GE take it back and either deliver another one, or give you a full refund. If they refuse to come to a solution which is satisfactory to you, do not worry, you can file a formal Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission ("FTC") . It is the Federal consumer "Watchdog", and they have the power and the authority to investigate and prosecute companies who will not stand by their product. You can file a formal Complaint with the FTC online at the link I have provided below for your convenience,

www.ftc.gov

You should also file a formal Complaint with the South Carolina State Attorney General's Office by calling them at the following numbers,

(NNN) NNN-NNNNor(NNN) NNN-NNNN

__________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I ALREDY KNEW TO CONTACT FTC WHO SETS THESE STANDARDS AND WAS ALREADY GOING TO CALL CONSUMER AFFAIRS FOR SC

MY STOVE WAS ALL INCLUSIVE IN THE NEW HOME I JUST PURCHASED

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Relist: Other. I ALREDAY KNEW ABOUT CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND THE FTC AFTERALL THEY ARE THE ONES WHO REGULATED MY STOVE DEGREES AND SAID 180 WAS ACCEPTABLE SO I DID NOT GET ANY INFO THAT I DID NOT KNOW WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR WHAT I KNOW IF I COULD HAVE TYPED MORE I WOULD HAVE STATED THIS I ALSO KNOW THE BUILDER IS NOT WILING TO HELP IAM NOT HAPPY WITH THE INFO i have not heard back from anyone

Good Afternoon, Paula,

I read your post and also read what you wrote under "Already Tried", but you had not stated that you took any of the steps I suggested.

You stated in your reply,

"...THE FTC AFTERALL THEY ARE THE ONES WHO REGULATED MY STOVE DEGREES .......... "

The FTC does not regulate the temperatures which are acceptable on stoves,

I would be glad to continue to assist you if you would be kind enough to clarify your question

Thank you,