How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33456
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had called a company out to look at my air conditioner.

This answer was rated:

I had called a company out to look at my air conditioner. They never said they would charge me a service call in addition to telling me they wont charge me until the guy came out and assessed the unit for service and then to fix it. Well he came out over an hour late for the appointment and was there for maybe 5 minutes of which he used my personal ladder and I had to move the couch for him to see the unit closer. Now they sent me an invoice for $75.00 for a service call of which they said not charging me in the beginning. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, FTC and State AG office for deceptive business practices. is there anything else I can do this is absurd.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Most companies want their customers to be happy with their work.

Have you tried calling the company to let them know of your dissatisfaction?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have, the lady in the office basically said tough...its billable. I said well you said you wouldn't bill me until they saw the problem and fixed it. They didn't fix it, I did.

Thank you, Walt, for the additional information.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

This certainly sounds like a company which does not care too much about customer satisfaction.

Aside from the BBB and AG, you may want to use social media to let people know of your dissatisfaction. If the company has a Facebook page you can post a complaint there. Also, Angie's List also has online reviews of local businesses.

Finally, you can do nothing. I doubt that they will sue you over $75. If they did, you can defend yourself by telling the court that they breached the agreement you had with them regarding the billing.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information. I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you. I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Loren and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Walt, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.