How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took a ring to a jewelry store to have it sized. I was told

This answer was rated:

I took a ring to a jewelry store to have it sized. I was told that there were some damaged prongs on it and that it would cost me $314.91 to repair it. I paid the money and sign the agreement. Now the jewelry store is telling me that it will cost me another $300 to do all the prongs. The agreement says retip prongs as needed. Refinish. It does not give a specific number of prongs that need to be retipped. They will not repair the ring at all unless I pay the additional $300. Of course I refused and I'm getting my ring back. What rights do I have that would require they fix my ring with the original cost that I paid. Can they do that? Can they come right behind a signed agreement and charge me more money because they realized they screwed up? By the way, this is a very popular chain jewelry store.

Hi, Michele, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. If I have not Answered your question, please let me know and I will be glad to explain further


If the store gave you an estimate of the cost of repairing the ring and yuou had not paid the $300, then there would not have been a contract. However, in your situation a contract between you and the store was made when you paid the $300 for the repair and they are obligated to repair the ring. If you tell them that they are obligated to perform the repairs and they still refuse to perform the repairs, you can file a lawsuit in Small Claims Court and demand that they perform the repairs and you can also ask the Judge to have them pay the Court costs you incurred in filing the lawsuit,





Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,


Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,





Andrea, Esq. and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you