How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Experienced in consumer protection litigation and direct negotiations on behalf of businesses and consumers
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a judgement against me in arizona, and now its a foreign

Customer Question

i have a judgement against me in arizona, and now its a foreign judgement they are filing in cincinnati. i have an attorney in cinti what can i do about getting one in arizona. this is for a contract i did not sign
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

To hire an attorney in Arizona should not be a difficult task. All you will have to do is call a few different law firms and find the lawyer which offers you the best deal on fees and with whom you feel comfortable. We cannot refer you directly to an attorney as we are prohibited from doing so by the website's rules. However, you may contact: for referal to an AZ lawyer.

Before you do that, I'd like to talk to you a bit more about what this case is about.

You say that there is a judgment that was issued against you. This means that there was a lawsuit filed in Arizona.

Were you aware of the lawsuit at the time it was filed?

Did you appear in that lawsuit and argue your side of the case?

When you say that the judgment is for a contract you did not sign, can you explain this a bit more?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it was filed in sept of last year i did not respond . the contract was a rental contract that was signed by someone other than myself. i do have an attorney in cincinnati but he said i also have to get an attorney in Arizona

Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.
Well, I'm not quite certain as to how they got a judgment against you if you did not sign the contract and the contract was not for your benefit.

The fact that you did not respond does not bode well for you. You have a duty to respond to a lawsuit which you have notice about. If you fail to respond to it, you may waive your rights to defense. So that means if you had notice of the lawsuit and you had a legitimate defense, you may have missed your opportunity to assert that defense and may be stuck with this judgment.

You do need to have an Arizona lawyer look over the lawsuit for you to see if there is actually anything you can do to fight the judgment.

The website I have provided you is for a referral service for lawyers in Maricopa county. If you tell them what is going on, they will put you in touch with a lawyer there who can help you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions