Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

My new 2014 Mazda CX-5 has been in the shop to fix the tires

- 1 day, the hood...
My new 2014 Mazda CX-5 has been in the shop to fix the tires - 1 day, the hood and mirror - 2 days and an intermittent electrical issue for 26 days. The dealership can't find the source of the electrical problem and now wants us to pick up the car. When the issue occurs the car's guages, wipers and other electrical components randomly operate until the battery dies leaving us stranded. This has happened twice requiring the car to be towed back to the dealership. We are very nervous about taking the car back until they have corrected the problem. What do you suggest we do?
7/9/2013
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer

Hi, My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney and would like to help,

Put your objections in writing and send the letter to the dealer telling them that you are making a claim under the New York Lemon Law. Tell them further that since even they admit that there is a problem with the car, you do not intend to pick up the car and be stranded again, Demand that they either repair the car, give you a new one, or refund your money in full.

If they give you a problem, retain a lawyer to assist you in asserting your rights under the Lemon Law because Attorneys' fees are also recoverable under the Lemon Law,

_______________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Since I have thier loaner car now, should I keep it until this is resolved or return it? If I have to give it back, will I be reemburserd for any rental costs?

Hi, Trevor,

The cost of rental cars is not covered under the Lemon Law, therefore, it is something which must be negotiated with the dealer,

________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer