How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 57373
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son bought a car from an individual. He was not able to

This answer was rated:

My son bought a car from an individual. He was not able to drive it home because of immediate issues that were not discovered, i.e. car needs a new radiator. Seller kept possession of vehicle. Title was exchanged for cash. Does my son have any recourse or does he now own a vehicle that will not run?
Hello and thank you for the question. He has a right to cancel. Basis for cancelling is breach of contract, namely seller misrepresentation and the fact that the item does not function for its intended use. Seller has return all funds paid or otherwise come to terms on cost for repair. If seller refuses, a lawsuit is an option. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer, which I tried to expedite for you, positively.
Infolawyer and 4 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you