How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dylatess Your Own Question
Dylatess, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  36 plus years consumer law practice
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed bankruptcy in 2003 and the lawyer did not include my

This answer was rated:

I filed bankruptcy in 2003 and the lawyer did not include my car. My car was repossessed in 2004. In 2006 my bank account was emptied because of this. I was never notified, they have my signature on nothing. They got a judgement, I do not know how. The car was sold, but the lawyer said he does not have that information. They went into my account last week and cleared it out. I know I created this debt, but they are still charging me the full amount without any explanation. Do I have a case against this firm with a lawyer? I am tired of them harassing me.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 32 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

You may have a shot. But what concerns me is that they have a judgment. So they had to convince a judge by providing enough evidence to convince the judge that they are right. However, informaton can be fabricated. Accordingly, I would at least spend one hour of your time by sitting in a lawyer's office and getting an opinion. And a good site for a referral is Look for a civil litigation attorney.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you and one question. I had absolutely no knowledge of a judgement and I asked him when was I notified and where. He had no answer. Can a judgement be overturned with the right lawyer?


Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX worth the 26.00.

Yes, a judgment can be overturned if if was entered six or less months ago, OR if you can prove it was obtained based on fraud. that is, the other side gave false information. Again, it is worth talking to an attonrey in person. I wish you well.
Dylatess and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions