Law Pro, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years experience in consumer advocacy, debt collection violations, contracts, construction
11688690

Hi, In Norway we are allowed to do recordings of conversations

In Norway we are allowed to do recordings of conversations as long as one party to the conversation approves. This one party could be the person doing the recording.

In Florida all parties to a conversation has to be informed about and approve of recording for it to be valid evidense in a trial.

Would the recording done in Norway (valid evidence in Norwegian trial) of a skype conversation between the company in Norway and the company in Florida be valid evidence in a Trial in Florida?

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

You asked:

Answer:
In the US there are two types of defined recording situations for audio recording. They are usually referred to as "One Party Consent" and "Two Party Consent".
  • "One Party Consent" means that only the person doing the recording has to give consent and does not have to notify the other party or parties that the conversation is being recorded.
  • "Two Party Consent" means the person recording the conversation must notify all of the other parties that the recording is taking place and they must consent to the recording.

Yes, it would be valid because the taping was legal in Norway and if recorded in Norway.

Federal law requires that at least one party taking part in the call must be notified of the recording (18 U.S.C. §2511(2)(d)).

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!