Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Purchased a 2012 Nissan Versa in Sept 2012. In cold weather

Purchased a 2012 Nissan Versa in Sept 2012. In cold weather there was not a problem.
When the cars interior warmed up and in this spring the same problem occures.
The horn can not be activated on the right (3 o'clock) side of the steering wheel.
It has been to the dealer 3 times for repair and still doesn't operate normally.
Another car came into the street between parked cars, while breaking and steering to the left again no horn to alert the other driver, and I hit is car. He and his insurance company accepted full repair responsibility. After the repair I went back to the dealer, left the car for 2 day and the service manager said there is nothing more they can do. He said if I need to use the horn I must hit your horn at the 12 o'clock position. I am afraid if a youngster darts out between cars, I will swerve away but cannot blow the horn which would be in the 9 o'clock position.

Morton Greene - XXX-XXX-XXXX orXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Hello and thank you for the question. Are you asking if you can return it? Did you buy it new or used? were there warranties?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry, It was a new purchase

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Standard Nissan Warentee for VA

Thank you. Were it used, it would be a harder argument but still feasible. Here, as a new purchase, it comes with representations and warranties, and the problem you have complained of goes to its functionality and safety. Dealer MUST cover cost or coordinate repair or otherwise provide a replacement vehicle. If dealer refuses you have options of complaining to a manager, and then taking the complaint to the department of consumer affairs, having a lawyer threaten lawsuit, and suing for breach of contract respectively.