Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

boat repair

my boat is on the floor of a boat sales business with its engine removed. The original engine was cracked and a new engine was to be put in. According to the business' Manager, and later the Owner, the new engine is supposedly resting on the floor next to the boat (supposedly it was bought for installation in my boat by the boat sales business) . According to the business Manager in April, the work would be done before Memorial Day weekend. A contract for the work was signed April 12, 2013 that estimated the cost of the scope of work and parts, but it did not state or estimate a date of completion. I have called numerous times and have always been given a "progress story" and date of completion that was never met.) What kind of legal case am I dealing with? What law specialty attorney do I need to contact. How do I get the boat work completed without sabotage?

We (my wife and I) have also signed a Brokerage Agreement with this boat sales business to sell the boat this summer through September 30th.  .

INFOLAWYER :

Hello and thank you for the question.

INFOLAWYER :

You have a case for breach of contract, misrepresentation and fraud

INFOLAWYER :

To get the work done right it can help to threaten legal action and complaint to the BBB

INFOLAWYER :

It can also help having a lawyer locally place a call

INFOLAWYER :

would you like a directory for that purpose?

Customer:

Yes, if you have a directory for an appropriate attorney in Pittsburgh. ab

Customer:

i.e., Pittsburgh, PA

INFOLAWYER :

Gladly

INFOLAWYER :

Martindale.com and findlaw.com are good resources

INFOLAWYER :

highly rated and easy to use

INFOLAWYER :

Wishing you best of luck

INFOLAWYER :

Is the answer acceptable?

Customer:

what attorney specialty am I looking for?

INFOLAWYER :

Business law and consumer protection

INFOLAWYER :

general civil litigation experience will be fine as well.

INFOLAWYER :

Is the answer now clear and acceptable?

Customer:

yes. Your answer is complete. When I left-click on face for rating your service, nothing happens. There is no "Submit" button available to click on. But service was "Good" so you should receive credit. Art Barnett

INFOLAWYER :

Thank you

INFOLAWYER :

Try clicking it again. sometimes it doesnt work when clicking the first time. thanks

INFOLAWYER :

Have a great weekend.