How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118087
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi My name is XXXXX XXXXX have the same problem with royal

This answer was rated:

My name is XXXXX XXXXX have the same problem with royal holiday I want to cancel my contract I been paying for like a year I wanted to use the membership bt everytime I wanted to book they said no longer have da resort or I need to pay fees so its all lies I ain't going to pay no more because it's not worth .i need help what to do I live in Michigan bt I heard they have an office in Florida ?what can I do .i called to cancel they said I can't .U can email me [email protected]
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Unfortunately, under consumer protection laws, you had only 5 days to cancel your membership from the date of purchase. Because you have been paying for about a year, you would now need to seek to cancel the contract based on their breach of contract and unfair and deceptive business practices and this will likely involve suing them in FL to get the court to void the contract and award you damages in the form of a refund of your money plus possibly attorney's fees if the court finds they willfully engaged in the unfair and deceptive business practices.

You need to start by sending them written notice that they are in breach of their contract with you and are committing unfair and deceptive practices in claiming unavailability and/or seeking additional fees and demand a refund of your money and cancellation of your contract. Give them 30 days to issue the refund and if they refuse then you will have to sue them for breach of contract, as your time to have requested regular cancellation of the contract has expired.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok I'm not sure if they have an office in Florida .they won't give me any inf.i don't live in Florida so how would I do to find a lawyer to help with this ?
Thank you for your response. There address is:

Royal Holiday Club
5727 NW 7 St., #282
Miami, FL 33126

To find a consumer protection attorney in FL you would use the same sites used by other attorneys, or or

If the Royal Holiday you are referring to is the one above, they are an accredited business by the Better Business Bureau and because they are you need to file a complaint with the BBB first as they will seek to mediate a resolution with the business and you and you should do this before considering filing suit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So I will need to file a complain to bbb to the address that has the website n depends what they do I could take action .the address above you put that's royal holiday office in Florida correct.i will send a complain to the above address n the BBB address n see what I can get .do I need to go in detailed in why I want to cancel the contract or just what should I put in the letter
Thank you for your response.

If you do not want to get an attorney in FL and want to avoid that cost, then fling a complaint to the BBB would be the best first step and many times they can resolve the complaint. You do have to go into as much detail a possible with the BBB as to why you want to cancel the contract and what your issues are with Royal.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If bbb dont resolve the complain then to what addres in Florida will I sue? It will be hard to get a lawyer since I live in another state .but hopefully bbb solves the problem but from some complaints I read online people had to sue
Them because bbb didn't work .
Thank you for your response.

You would have to sue them in the civil court in Miami and you can get a consumer protection attorney at the same sites used by other attorneys, or or
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What should I do if I don't receive a response after mailing several times
If you do not receive a response after mailing the company several times, you need to file your complaint to the BBB as stated above and to the FL Attorney General's Consumer Protection unit. See: and

If the BBB and attorney general cannot resolve your problem, then you will need to get a consumer protection attorney in Miami and sue them.