Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I fell behind in my payments with Wells Fargo on my car loan

and they've added $600.00 in...
I fell behind in my payments with Wells Fargo on my car loan and they've added $600.00 in late fees to my account. I now only have three payments and the $600.00 late fees. they are telling me the loan will never be paid off and they will repo if the late fees are not paid. If the load is paid in full can they repo my vehicle because of late fees they have added?
6/6/2013
WALLSTREET ESQ

WALLSTREETLAW :

Hello I am a licensed attorney. I am here to help answer your questions. Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification

WALLSTREETLAW :

This is an unfortunate situation,

WALLSTREETLAW :

under the law, if they have added late fees, and they are not paid, the lender can repo the car,

Customer:

Hello

WALLSTREETLAW :

usually under the car contract,

WALLSTREETLAW :

the contract allows the lender to repo a car,

Customer:

Bummer

WALLSTREETLAW :

if a customer, misses any payment,

WALLSTREETLAW :

and they will claim that you failed to pay the late fees, and they have a legal right to collet,

WALLSTREETLAW :

What you should do is review the finance agreement, regarding late fees,

WALLSTREETLAW :

and make sure the late fees added, were correct,

Customer:

I will. Thank you.

WALLSTREETLAW :

Good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

WALLSTREET ESQ
WALLSTREET ESQ
WALLSTREET ESQ
WALLSTREET ESQ, Lawyer