Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I bought a used car from a private seller. I specifically

I bought a used car from a private seller. I specifically asked, and have a witness, if the car had been in an accident. He said "no". The Carfax report indicated the car was clean and showed maintenance but no accident repair. A month after buying the car (a 2012 vehicle with 2400 miles on it, covered under manufacturer 3-year warrantee) there were electrical issues and I took it to dealer mechanic. They told me the car had been in an accident and that the hood had been removed from the vehicle to repair it. It was not repaired correctly. I think this is fraud and intent to fraud because he lied and then concealed it by using a mechanic who did not report it on vehicle history. What do you think?
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response: It is fraud, plain and simple. You asked a simple yes or no question and you were lied to. You have two options: You can demand that the Seller pay for all the repairs or you can demand that the Seller refund your purchase price. Otherwise, you can file lawsuit against the Seller for material misrepresentation.