kicklaw40
kicklaw40, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been helping consumers with their legal issues for over 14 years.
68544311

Do I list my student loans on Schedule F? Do I list each one

Do I list my student loans on Schedule F? Do I list each one individually or group them according to the creditor? Also, what if they are in default or I am not sure who is holding the loan?

kicklaw40 : Yes, they should be listed on Sch F. List them separately, with a listing for each creditor. If they are in default, you list them just the same; no need to do anything differently for defaulted vs. non-defaulted loans. If you are not sure who currently owns the debt, just list the last known creditor you have contact information for. Alternatively, you can get a free copy of your credit report from www.AnnualCreditReport.com and use the information that is on there for the creditor If you have several possible addresses for one creditor,just list them as "additional notice parties" to cover all your bases.
Customer:

I pulled my report. I see where my original loan holder sent it to collections, but I can find the specific information as to who holds them now.

Customer:

What about loans that have been consolidated?

Customer:

I am also filing ADVERSARY PROCEEDING to discharge my loans. Do I still list them on Schedule F?

kicklaw40 : Just list the original loan holder and the collection agency it was sent to. Your obligation is only to list the creditor information as you know it, so don't stress about possibly not having the current holder.
kicklaw40 : Yes, they are still listed on F.
kicklaw40 : Re: consolidated loans, just list any address you have had for student loan creditors. Even if consolidated, put original info. It is always better to "overlist" if in doubt.
Customer:

On the ADVERSARY PROCEEDING do I file a separate one for each loan holder or just one for the Dept of Education?

kicklaw40 : Depends if they are private loans or government loans - everyone needs to have notice. When you file the case, the creditors/DOE will file a Proof of Claim that shows how much is owed and give an address for notice. You will need to serve them at the address they give there.
Customer:

They are all government

Customer:

I have several with Sallie Mae, 4 with Coast Professional, and 2 with Performant

kicklaw40 : Again, always better to give notice to too many parties than take the chance of missing one. Yes, DOE is one party to be listed. Also, need to serve the US Attorney General and also your local US Attorney General's district office.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have several with Sallie Mae, 4 with Coast Professional, and 2 with Performant. I understand that I list them all seperately on the schedule F, but what about ADVERSARY PROCEEDING?

See my last post - that is referring to who you will need to serve in addition to Sally Mae and the other parties you have listed. The AP will need to list all the parties you have student loans with.