Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Hello, I purchased a 2006 suburu impreza, on 4/29/2013, 2

Hello, I purchased a 2006 suburu...
I purchased a 2006 suburu impreza, on 4/29/2013, 2 days later the car was making a terrible noise, the engine light came on, when I went to see the car, and they turned it on, the engine light did come on but they said it was because they had to charge the battery,but that they would check it, and that the car had a 120 point inspection done and passed, the brakes are no good the claipers are frozen and the second pump on the car is shot to hell, I called the dearship and they told me to bring the car back, and i WOULD HAVE TO PAY for any repairs, the car did not pass inspection and I still don't have plates or paper work for the car, the car can not be driven they told me to have the car towed, I live In Staten Island, they are in Lodi NJ . what they did was clear the engine light and sold me the car what can be done if anything this car was brought for my son to get to college I am a single mother, and now I have a $9000.00 car that does even run .... Help
6/1/2013
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties:

Response: You have a relief under New Jersey Used Car Lemon Law. The dealership is supposed make the repairs and return the car in drivable condition or refund the full purchase price. Since the dealership is not being cooperative, you should file complaint against the dealership immediately with New Jersey Lemon Law Unit. This Unit would assist you in getting your issues resolved. For more information, click on the links below:

http://www.nj.gov/lps/ca/ocp/usedlemon.htm

http://www.nj.gov/lps/ca/brief/used.pdf

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law