How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 9411
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is regarding Jury Duty at State of California I had a

This answer was rated:

This is regarding Jury Duty at State of California
I had a jury duty notice last February . I am am retired and vacationing in my country of birth so I requested postponement which was granted and moved for August 2013. I might be here longer than August. From the online postponement instructions I did not see any info if one can still ask for a another postponement . How can I ask for another postponement?

If I finally decide to live out of the USA, will I still be called for jury duty? In this situation
What is the procedure to get excemption from jury duty ?

Is the jury duty rules same for California n New York.

Thank you
Have you received a notice to appear for jury duty in August yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just like what is said I requested for a postponement and was granted a new jury duty appointment on Aug 16, 2013, yes it an appointment.
If you are not going to be in State on the date you were summoned for, you can ask for another deferment based on the fact that you will not be in California on that date.

If you become a permanent resident of a State or Nation other than California, you would be permanently excused because jurors are required to be California residents.

The rules in NY are basically the same- only a State resident can sit on a jury,

I hope this information is helpful. If you require more information, please post again.
N Cal Attorney and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for accepting my answer.