How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 20392
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs exp with Consumer Law issues
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

At new/used car dealership today. Ford Explorer clearly marked

This answer was rated:

At new/used car dealership today. Ford Explorer clearly marked $1000 on winshield. Test drove truck with salesman. Agreed to purchase truck. Salesman writes up contract adds fees taxes etc. Final price just under $1500. Then manager comes over and says wrong price listed on vehicle can not sell for that price. I can show you other vehicles. I also had cash on desk to buy truck. Claims I can not sell you vehicle at that price. Truck sold for $4200 per manager when I called back. Do I have any options? This is a honda dealership I regularly go to service my Honda!

Thank you for the information and your question. You have a few options. One is to file a consumer complaint with the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs for the bait and switch/false advertising. You might also want to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. However, the State will usually be more effective at bringing this to a positive resolution. You could also, if you choose, file suit under the NJ consumer protection act for deceptive practices (bait and switch/false advertising). If I were you, I might consider filing the State complaint first and see where it goes. If you don't get the result you want, then you may want to file suit.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Marsha411JD and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you