Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in general consumer protection law
19305272

I purchased a 2012 Honda goldwing motorcycle it has 1600 miles

I purchased a 2012 Honda goldwing motorcycle it has 1600 miles on it when it started having a problem. I took it to the dealerand they have had it for two weeks. I would like to know if they can.t get it fix to my satisfaction have I any recourse?

TMcJD :

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

TMcJD :

Did you purchase it with a warranty or as is? Were you told any lies as to the condition of the motorcycle?

TMcJD :

Did you purchase it new or used?

Customer:

It was bought new with warranty

TMcJD :

Okay. Thanks for the information. Are you asking whether you have any type of recourse in addition to the warranty? If so, what type of recourse do you have in mind?

Customer:

If they do not fix my bike to my satisfaction what can i do.

TMcJD :

Your recourse would be under the warranty. If they don't fix it as provided under the warranty, you would have to sue them for breach of warranty. So, if they don't fix it like they are supposed to, you do have recourse.

Customer:

do they have to replace my bike

TMcJD :

The lemon laws do not apply to motorcycles, so they do not have to replace the motorcycle if they cannot remedy the problem after a reasonable number of repair attempts.

TMcJD :

Let me be more specific. FL lemon law does not apply.

TMcJD :

However, federal lemon law does apply and replacement could be an option under federal law.

Customer:

do I have to continue to pay for it?

TMcJD :

Let me provide you a link for some more information on that federal law.

TMcJD :

http://www.carlemon.com/warranty_act.aspx

TMcJD :

Yes, you would need to continue making payments under the purchase contract.

Customer:

ok thanks

TMcJD :

You're welcome. You'll note that federal law allows you to elect replacement as a remedy if they cannot repair your motorcycle after a reasonable number of attempts.

TMcJD :

If you do not need additional assistance, I would be grateful if you could please leave me a positive rating for my assistance. I cannot receive credit for my work without your positive rating even if you already made a deposit with JustAnswer.

TMcJD :

Thanks and have a great day!