How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LADY LAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6536
Experience:  Consumer Lawyer
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
LADY LAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi! Im a victim of scam. I invested my money into Profitable

This answer was rated:

Hi! I'm a victim of scam. I invested my money into Profitable Sunrise that was presented as reliable investment program. But now it has turned out that it was a scam. Its website is gone from the internet and no one has been able to contact the owner since then. Government authorities have announced that Profitable Sunrise has engaged in illegal activities. Its bank accounts are frozen. I used EgoPay to transfer my money to Profitable Sunrise. And I'm from outside of US. Is it anyhow possible to get my money back and what can I do?

LADY LAWYER : Hello! I am happy to provide you with legal information today! Please give me a moment to review your question and to answer you.
LADY LAWYER : First of all, you need to contact EgoPay again and let them know that the Security and Exchange Commisison has now filed a formal complaint against Profitable Sunrise as of April 5, 2013, making your case for fraud official. Ask how to appeal their decision.
LADY LAWYER : You can give them them this official site as proof:
LADY LAWYER : Second, if EgoPay will not refund your money, then you can review this document on how to make a claim for a return of your funds:
LADY LAWYER : You didn't say what country you were in, but there are cease and desist orders for this company in New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba. In the United States: Kentucky, Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, Nevada, Minnesota, California, Indiana, New Mexico, Texas, Delaware, North Dakota, South Dakota, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alaska, Maryland, Maine, New Jersey, Louisiana, Tennessee, Missouri, and Oregon. Other countries: New Zealand, and United Kingdom. So you may want to check with your country's version of the SEC to see if they have their own way to file a claim against the frozen funds of Paradise Sunrise. Otherwise, I would consider filing here in the US for now.
LADY LAWYER : If you have any further questions, I am most happy to answer them! I strive for an excellent customer service rating, so if you need any additional help with this, just let me know. If not, would you kindly consider a positive rating for me at this time? It costs you nothing further to do but it does allow the site to compensate me for helping you. Thanks!

Thank you for your answer! I will follow your suggestions and hopefully things work out.

LADY LAWYER and 2 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you