How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 116701
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is any updated information available on the ALDRIGE LAW GROUP

This answer was rated:

Is any updated information available on the ALDRIGE LAW GROUP of Orlando, FL?

I have been approached and opromised a reduction in interest re=ate resulting from hardship from my current 5.375 to about half that , with a retainer fee of $3,000. Is this legitimate? Where can I find more information?

Gerry G. Meisels,[email protected]
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you today to provide you the information you are seeking.

The firms that do these mortgage modifications like this are not in a traditional sense scams, but the problem is that they rarely provide what they promise because they can do no more for you in applying for a modification than you can do yourself.

The Mortgage Assistance Relief Services rule, MARS, was imposed by the Federal Trade Commission that prevents companies from charging any fees in advance until a modification is secured in writing from the lender. See: FTC Advance Fees. Not just this particular group, but any firm claiming they can get a modification and is charging an up front fee for services, regardless of what they claim the fee is for, would be in violation of this rule and would be considered a scam in that sense, since they are illegally charging people fees to simply apply for a modification no differently than you can do for yourself without any firm. These firms frequently change their names to sidestep or avoid FTC action against them.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much. This has been very helpful and I appreciate the quick response; I have looked at the tgovernment HARP site and am contacting the lender directly.



Thank you for your response.

It is generally best to engage the lender directly, since that is really all these "firms" do for you and they do not do anything special to get you a modification. Your information does not change whether some modification firm submits it to the lender or whether you submit it to the lender and the firm cannot make the lender give a modification any more than you can make them give you a modification.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions