Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I purchased a vehicle from florida quality motors that was

worth $9,995.00 but my credit...
I purchased a vehicle from florida quality motors that was worth $9,995.00 but my credit was too low for me to purchase it so the dealership found a finance company who would lend me the whole payment for the car and I new that charges ould be added to the car before I get it. I seen the Bill of Sale and the finance company was on the paperwork as well I don't know which one added the charges but they or somebody add a APR of 26.9% to the original amount of the car which equal to $4,000 and something dollars, so they added that finance charge to the original car amount that went from $9,995.00 to $12,000 and something dollars. I put down $4,000 for my down payment which left me with $8,000 and something dollars that I owe the finance company. When I got my first car payment of $341.59 the finance company added more money to the car from what I seen on the Bill of Sale paper work but I didn't really care about it until I started figuring out that I been paying my car not on time and I done paid 4 payments of $341.59 and Im still in the $8,000 range. My car payment went down a little every month so I started addina and subtracting the car payments that I paid to the amount that I owe and I found out that my whole car payments wasn't going to the amount that I owe so I called the finance company and found out that they add $6 and some change per day for finance charges to the amount that I owe for my car. I thought the the finance charges was already added to the car before I got it in my possession. They added this charge everyday to my car note and I didn't even know nothing about it, its not on any of the paper work that I have from the car dealership. They told me that it will take me 36 months to pay my car off and I don't think thats true, I been getting lied to day one since I started my car payments. I need to talk to somebody (XXX-XXX-XXXX) MASON L. EDWARDS
2/13/2013
You need to start by reading the finance contract you have, because if these fees are not specified in your contract they are illegal and you would have ground to sue them for breach of contract and to recover all of your money you overpaid. However, if this fee is specified in the contract and you signed the contract, then I am afraid that the contract would be enforceable. You have to look in the contract to see whether or not this charge is stated in the contract, if it is not, you need a local consumer protection law attorney and you need to sue the lender who is breaching this contract with you.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

I got a paper from florida with a lien on it with a women name on it..... The Bill of Sale says 28.06% APR which equal to $4,395.01 they added that amount to the $9,995 which equal to $12,844.76 minus the $4,000 that I put down for a down payment. All that I owe is $8,44.76 but I still owe $8,000 and something on my car note as of today....

If that $6 a day charge is not on your paperwork, you will have to sue them for breach of contract as I said above, as they have no right to charge a fee that is not stated and agreed upon in your loan contract.

thanks!!!!!!!!!

Can I do that as the same way for an intrest rate that I have no idea about that could make my car payment rise.......

You are welcome. I am afraid that if your interest rate was in your contract and you signed that contract, you would not have the argument of breach of contract over that interest.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer