How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dylatess Your Own Question
Dylatess, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  36 plus years consumer law practice
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am attempting to settle a debt. Q: How do I wish to have

This answer was rated:

I am attempting to settle a debt.
Q: How do I wish to have my credit report read?
Q: Can I demand/instruct the debt collector to put that in the settlement agreement?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 32 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.
Upon negotiating acceptable terms, get in writing that the collector will report to the credit bureaus that the account is "paid satisfied." And yes you can demand this as part of the settlement terms.
Dylatess and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. That is short and sweet.


in your letter write:

In consideration of payment of ______, you agree to report my debt as "paid satisfied."
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you!

You are welcome.